Wednesday 5 December 2012

It Wasn't Suppose To End Up Like This


I had the privilege to be a part of the Taylor's Student Development Hub in organizing Taylor's first ever award night.This would have to be the furthest I have gotten into in terms of event planning. Though I only helped out with the decorations such as the center pieces for the dining tables, cocktail tables and at one point, the caterer, I felt that these few things alone had already contributed to my stress level. But of course, if it wasn't for Andrea and the rest of the team, we definitely would have not been able to pull through.


This is 1 of the 20 center pieces that I've prepared, with the help of Andrea for getting uber cheap imported roses of course. Added a bit of "oomph" with the tea light candles placed on top of circular aluminium foil cut outs for that extra shimmering effect and scattered rose petals for the final touch. What I did was basically reusing Ellen's centerpiece idea for our previous "Celebrity Night" event back in Diploma.


Collen, Me, Vinne, Wenyi, Andrea & Joelle. The bunch of spectacular ladies that played a part in putting everything together for the night.


The rest of the team with Miss Chia Huey in grey.

I have never been one of those University students who were actively involved in clubs and societies. I used to be one during secondary school but that passion died out. Mostly because when I first started classes in Uni, I was too caught up with the entirely new culture there. In fact, I was too preoccupied with having a social life to the point where I have abandoned my own responsibilities that were equally as important, if not more.

The one thing that I regret letting go of the most is my... Music. I had a good thing going on for me back in secondary school. I passed my Grade8 with results that greatly exceeded my expectations and at one point, I even see a future in music, what with my then passion for playing the piano and saxophone. I even thought of taking up the challenge of learning a new instrument, the cello. I pick up new instruments relatively fast so I wasn't afraid of the fact that I'd be a slow learner, it just wasn't possible.

But that was 3 years ago. And the fact is till today, I remain... A wasted talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment