Thursday 6 December 2012

Another Week, Another Birthday


While in the midst of rushing to complete 2 of our Sem3 dissertations, we still had time to throw LordBlack a surprise birthday party-! Are we monster tankers or what. Most of us are still surviving on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night.


Everyone gathered at Belly Good, a quaint restaurant located in Mentari. The girls blindfolded her in the car as a surprise. It was quite a day though. All of us pretended to have forgotten her birthday, didn't even wish her or anything. We were informed that she was really down by lunchtime but we still didn't budge. Our plan was to make her cry like mad and we succeeded. 


 Waited for the birthday girl to arrive for a good half an hour. We were all beyond the point of starvation by then. If our stomachs could talk, they would have screamed. The main ingredient served in Belly Good? Pork... Pork... And more pork. Its like a Chinese heaven. I know that there are more German pubs and bistro out there that serve genuine pork dishes, but being a superbly broke college student, I just couldn't be bothered to splurge on munchies like pork knuckles and authentic German house brewed beer.


And btw, Mademoiselle Iphone is at the spa and I've been using her distant "Nuclear bomb withstand able" distant cousin from Finland, Nokia. This takes going-back-to-where-it-all-started to a whole new level. I've been using Nokia since I was 12 ( why does a 12yr old even need a phone still makes me ponder ) and have been using it ever since... 

Until I changed to my Iphone this year that is. I've been made fun of by my classmates whenever I pull this poor thing out, or whenever it rings lol. It's been nice having you as a replacement for the past couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't work out. Not unless you have wifi and magical apps to keep me entertained. But it was fun while it lasted.


I got too excited when LordBlack arrived that I totally neglected to take pictures of her surprise entrance. Everybody kept extremely quiet and the second the blindfold was off, everyone yelled SURPRISE and she teared :') Silly woman who thought we all forgotten her birthday, how could we?!

Couldn't really care about what happened next because I was so hungry I could have eaten a horse at that time. But I'm glad the surprised was a success-! 


Mango smoothie


Mushroom soup with garlic bread


Tomato and cheese bruchetta


Portobello mushroom with cheese and bacon. Soooo orgasmic. The juiciness of the mushroom together with the bacon and cheese topping @.@ The girls ordered one whereas the boys ordered two, both for sharing. However, we were told that they only had 2 left for the day-! No way in hell were we going to give ours up so the boys had to give in to us in the end, naturally.


Trio plate, consisted of pork ribs, pork belly and sausage with mash and coleslaw on the side.


Pork bolognaise pasta


Pork belly. I'm not usually an avid fan of any dish that has a ghastly layer of fat, but this was sooooo good. In fact, too good till I was looking forward to eat the fat instead of the meat. It wasn't the icky gooey sort of fat, but the kind that melts the moment it settles on your tongue. Indescribable.


Huge ass pork platter shared by 6 of the boys. This costs a whopping RM180 but it is considerably worth it because the size of the plate is about 3 times of my face.


Holy mama would you look at those sausages. The boys still weren't full in the end. Claimed that it merely made a "dent" in their stomachs. They finished the entire platter in less than 20minutes, I'm quite certain they did it in 15minutes.


Pork burger with coleslaw and fries on the side


The restaurant is very modestly decorated. A bit too modest till it looks like its not decorated at all actually. WeiMae and I have came up with a conclusion though. Restaurants are very much like books, the more plain the cover page is, the better the book. Despite being a non-picky eater, I can assure you that Belly Good is definitely worth the money. The price is somewhat similar to Chilies but the quality of food is better and you don't have to wait a few lifetimes to get a place lol.


Ladies with the birthday girl (2nd from the top)


I have very attractive male friends -.-"


We hereby declare HoBitch in charge of all the birthday cakes in the future-! She works at Humble Beginnings Bangsar so she has got access to the best mille crepe's in town. A cake of this size costs RM102 and its totally worth it laa because its so yummylicious, not that sweet and really filling. Today's flavour is chocolate peanut butter with choc chips on the top.


Birthday girl looking stoned. My dear minion, I hope you enjoyed your birthday this year. Apologise for it was not as grand as expected but, its the thought that counts? Harhar jokes. Your new years resolution shall be to not cry a river every other day, but your are permitted to during certain special occasions ;) Happy 20th birthday once again my minion =)


Feast your eyes... Be jelly.


No comments:

Post a Comment