Sunday 30 December 2012

Come To An End, Again It Has

 Honestly speaking, 2012 has been a relatively blah year for me. Nothing absolutely fantastic happened to me, nor have I done anything out of the ordinary or memorable. The only thing that I can be proud of is that I've grown a year wiser *duh* but in a sense that my level of maturity has definitely went up a notch.

 I used to be the kind of person who tries to change how other people act, especially when they are around me just to suit my needs and reach my expectations. But I've come to realise that we all have to give and take in life. If a person can change for me, why can't I for the them? So, I meet them half way *cues singing will you meet me halfway*.

Annnnnnd we're moving on. There aren't any "highlights" this year, but more of "memorable" ones instead. Here goes...


TGIF


Working at Fridays Subang has been a roller coaster ride. Though not the most glamorous job, it is still counted as the first ever job that I landed all on my own so yeah, that gave me a sense of self satisfaction. Despite all the conflicts, arguments, pissy scolding from the managers and the occasional stalker moments, I couldn't have asked for a better place to work because Fridays is all about having crazy fun. We work hard and play hard.



PENANG & THAILAND


Penang served as a farewell trip to dahling SengFatt and also a holiday treat after Sem3 finals. We had a whole duplex all to ourselves courtesy of Wayne and the whole trip was all about stuffing our faces with Penang's finest food. Not to mention it was also a super hectic weekend for me because we departed for Penang a day after finals, and my trip to Thailand was a day after I reached home from Penang.


Thailand was such a memorable trip because it was the first overseas trip I went out without the rest of the Choo Clan. The trip was super last minute and was only finalised 2weeks before the departure date. Also, it was my first time travelling with YiWen alone anywhere. 


True, there were ups and downs, but it made us closer than we were before in a way and I couldn't have asked for a better companion to embark on a journey to the Land of Smiles.



Parasailing 


Despite only being 700feet above sea water for a mere 15 minutes, it was one of the best and most indescribable feeling I've ever experienced. It wasn't because of the adrenaline rush though, it was more of the feeling of not having a care in the world. Being amongst the clouds and having creatures of the air circling around you while you ascend and descend is just... I can't even describe it lol its just something you have to experience for yourself.



Thirst 2012


The first rave and by far the best party I've ever attended in my whole life... For now. There's just something about raves that makes it different from clubs. You don't have to worry about dressing up, looking good for guys or whatever. People go there to genuinely have fun and party their heart out. 



And to also meet new friends-! Who you may never know might end up as one of your best girlfriends boyfriend ahaha. I've never partied this hard and drank so much in an extremely long time. Needless to say, the old, fun Qing decided to make an appearance, but for one night only lol. I'm pretty sure a lot of people missed her. Owh well, its for the best that she no longer exists anyways.



Paintball


It seems that I'm very adventurous and active this year. First para sailing and now paintball. I honestly thought that I would be one of those girls that will just hide behind an obstacle and never reveal myself till game comes to an end but boy was it fun-! As soon as the marshal finished counting down, I found myself rushing to the front of the line and shooting my heart out ahaha. As for the not so glamorous moments, I fell down really epically a couple of times and received two head shots. In case you were wondering, yes, it does stings especially if it hits your skin directly.




Fit-tastic

I know I may not exactly be the people's favourite skinny meany lean mean ab-tastic bodied kind of girl, but looking at where I was a year ago compared to where I am now, I think I'm pretty satisfied. I started going to the gym last year but it wasn't until I quit that stupid mainstream gym that I started to see results.


See the thing is, I've always had this constant struggle with my weight. Like I'd go on a crash diet right before CNY then go back to eating normally, if not more after dieting like an arse.  I was so absent minded and clueless about what I was doing last year and the fact that I wasn't seeing results made me binge eat more because I didn't know what I was doing wrong. 

It wasn't until this year when I started going to my UniGym that I really changed my routine. I used to do cardio like mad at the mainstream gym which-shall-not-be-named so when I cut down to only running on the treadmill, I gained back a few kg and got slightly bigger again.


 But then I started to incorporate more sets (arms, legs whatever) and also started going to FitCamp at the UniGym. Though not as hardcore as boot camps, I'd like to think of it as pre-training for the boot camp, which I also plan on joining next year my internship. Well we'll see how it goes.

Basically, my new year's resolution is not to lose 10kg or whatever ridiculous goal of losing weight like that. But instead, I want to see a better fitter me than I am now. More toned and less fluffy ahaha and of course eating right. I do believe that abs are made in the kitchen. I only started eating better and cleaner about 2months ago (by cleaner i mean no more fried stuff and that's about it) and I see noticeable difference. No where near ab ready yet but, I'd like to think that its getting there XP



A Special Surprise


I'm usually not the kind of person that publicly displays my dating life because I think it'll jinx it and also because I don't like people being nosey and poking into my business but... I think its different this time? Lol another indescribable feeling. Though we met on messed up unique circumstances, if I were able to predict the future, I would have never been able to see us like where and how we are today. I'm going to steal his line now...

 "You really showed me how you could still care for someone despite being bundled up wth the daily hassles of life. Furthermore, accepting me for entirely being me". With him being such a goofy guy and me, a person who talks gibberish most of the time with him being one of the few species who can understand me, we make a pretty weird team :')



All in all, if you would ask me that given the chance to turn back time, would I do anything differently? No. Never. I only think of the experiences to be preserved in my memory and to disregard the unpleasant ones. After all, we would not be who we are today if there were no mistakes to learn from. 

With that, I have no regrets with what I've managed to accomplish, despite its insignificance. Instead, I usher in the New Year with glistening hope in my eyes that it will be yet another extraordinary year. No matter how things are planned out for me in my life, I will try to welcome everything with open arms. Happy New Year everyone-! May you have a blessed and fruitful year ahead =)

No comments:

Post a Comment