Sunday 9 December 2012

Drunk Tales At Heineken Thirst 2012


How else do you keep yourself calm right before having your first year end finals? By going to a rave of course-! Heineken Thirst event with the gang on the 8th Dec was by far one of the most magical nights of my  life. Still in awe of everything from last night, the people, the lights, the music...


Ahahahaha look at my Mickey Miao bag

It was a drama filled morning for me on that day.  I almost didn't make it because MrChoo refused to let me spend the night in Sepang. But hey, a party is a party and there was no way in hell I was going to miss it. Don't get me wrong, I'm no party animal but seeing as how much I've spent on this trip, there was no way I could have just gave up on everything, can I?!


Everyone met up at Uni before heading to our hotel in Sepang. The hotel was a gorgeous boutique hotel situated in the middle of no where Bandar Baru Selak Tinggi which took us a lot of detours and U-turns to find. Didn't took many pictures of the hotel because I was just too excited and can't wait for the party to start.


Pop coloured portrait of Aung Sun Kyii


So cute-! Reminds me of the ones in Hard Rock hotel. The fluorescent blue lights that lit up the corridor were a bit eerie though. It reminded me of a brothel -.-"


The ladies crib-! For a budget boutique hotel, this place is really worth it. 11 of us had to pay RM42.50 each for 3 rooms. Steal-! Don't judge, we're poor college students.










And this are how girls get ready for events lol. Being a guy is so simple, I envy them sometimes, especially during moments like these. When we started to get ready, the boys went downstairs for mamak to recharge their fuel. The time us girls took to bath, do our make-up and dress up is equivalent to the time spent for the boys to eat, bath and get dressed. What nonsense. 


I suppose you could say we can always opt to not do our make-up. But hey, its what makes us girls happy.


Put on a fake spider tattoo. I've got loads of them from my previous school events and I'd hate to see them go to waste. There was one on my ankle and a small one on my face as well ahahhaa. You either go all out or you go home.


Reached Sepang circuit relatively early but we chilled outside for almost 2hours before heading in. Upon reaching the car park, the scene was exactly just like what you would see in movies. Groups hanging around their cars, boots open while they sit at the back drinking, cars with custom made stereos blasting out club music.


Drunk photo's of HoBitch is priceless and never fails to crack everyone of us up. Silly woman had too much to drink and was already gone before we went in. Well actually, her, Andrea&I were gone but at least I was still sober enough to "hop" in. Like, HoBitch & I literally hopped into the circuit because we were already mad high.


This is what wine, black label, heineken and vodka&black current mixer will do to you kids. Never do this at home, or with the knowledge of your parents lol. Vodka with juice are deadly as hell because one can't really taste the vodka as the juice overpowers the vodka, which what makes it so deadly-! I couldn't really feel it at first but it kicked in after a while and whooooooo boy. KO.


With Jwen and Gavin. T-shirtception.


Trying to act chio but the dustbin behind ruined it


We were all already tired by this point, and it was only 11.30pm I think? Proves how old we're getting. HoBitch was sleeping on the floor by then and Fernandez, Gavin & I went around walking to look for friends. Turns out a lot of them were there too.


The lights at the back resembles so much to the ones set up at Electric Daisy Carnival. Omgosh its seriously a dream to be able to attend festivals like these in the States. If I think its already hardcore here, I can't imagine what it will be like over there.


Wenfenlen & I =) We make a pretty good looking couple.


Sexxay momma of the night, Ariel-!


I should really create a collage of HoBitch's drunk photos. It has already been decided, it will be her wedding gift from me ;)


With William (new friend and Drea's date)


View of the bar from far. I sorta said that I didn't want to be sober for the whole night. Not drunk, maybe a bit tipsy so I can enjoy everything a bit better. But the queue at the bad was mad long so I didn't bother getting any drinks.


The gang, minus Ellen, Stone & Fernandez


Attending my first rave was truly like a dream for me. I used to log into tumblr and see all these rave photos that people posts up and I would go "someday, I'd attend one of these". And if I could, I would totally loose my mind.


Attending it is one thing, but being in the company of such good friends is also another. I don't think I'll be able to find any other people that can tolerate the pissy drunk side of me. They may not be wild party animals, but they sure know how to have fun. Also, its extremely important to party with people you trust and can have a great time with. Otherwise, whats the point?


Being there that night was so surreal. My mind went blank for a minute. I was like "Am I really here? Just look at all these people!". Rave's like these may be held all the time, but as a first timer, I now truly understand what its all about. My first perception of raves was that it was a place where people go to get high as fuck and do nasty shit. Because that was all that has been portrayed in photos.


I was wrong. Its a place to see, and be seen. Its a place where you let yourself go and let the music take over control. Its where people who truly appreciate this genre of music go to unwind and support their favourite acts. Avicii was the best last night (abuhden). He spinned a few songs from Swedish House Mafia and Tiesto as well.


 Awesome fireworks at the Justice stage. What a way to end an epic, sick night. The huge jam leading out of the circuit was a major contribution to the awesomness as well. Sense the sarcasm.




No comments:

Post a Comment