Wednesday 28 December 2011

Dawn Of A New Year

 2012 is just a stone's throw away and honestly, I'm sad to leave 2011 behind. It wasn't the best year, or the kind of year that I had planned out for myself, but it wasn't the worst and it was definitely fulfilling enough AND... The best I've had in a while. There's so memories this year that I don't wish to let go off, and quite frankly I'm scared I'll forget some of them. 

However, I shall let bygones be bygones and although I really cherished the moments I've had this year, I'll happily relish at the thought that a new year is only a few days away. Now I may not remember everything that has happened this year, but these are the few that... In my opinion, made its mark.


#1 The Royal Wedding

There's something a lot of people don't know about me, I was weirdly obsessed with the royal family when I was young, now also laa actually. It all started when the mother bought the Princess Diana Memorial Videotape (i bet kids aged 8 and below have never saw one) and that triggered it. Ever since then it has been Prince William this and Prince Harry that lol. I even had your typical cliche young girl dream that I'd manage to marry one of them bwahahahhaa moving on.

I watched their wedding on the treadmill TV at the gym at night, and everyone kindda was too. I thought her dress was the most gorgeous thing ever, besides the Vera Wang one Kate Hudson wore in "Bride Wars". And zomg how Pippa Middleton's ass look so damn fine harhar. The only thing that ruined everything was... Prince William's scalp -.- But still leng chai nonetheless.


 #2 Kim's Fairytale Wedding..

... Which ended with a divorce after a mere 72days. The reason this is on my list is not because I'm superficial like her, but because I used to admire her. I mean come on, she's a fashion icon, professional businesswoman,  a great daughter, sister and aunt etc. You must think I'm insane for looking up to her. But I mean, put away the gruesome divorce and look at what she has achieved so far... And at such a young age too-!

Honestly, I knew the marriage wouldn't last, but I didn't expect it to only last for less than 3months. I was so disappointed when I heard of the divorce. Not to mention what a waste those endorsement was for a wedding. Damn right her sponsors are pissed.


#3 Dodgeball

It all started because of TheSmallOne. She dragged a few of us to weekly practices at the Uni court. A lot of us grew with the club, especially when it first started. But because of our internships in between terms, a lot of us too disappeared and only a few were left. Only Andrea, CarYi and JC managed to make a mark in the team because of their determination.

Although my love for dodgeball is not as great as theirs, I'm very proud to be a part of the team this year despite my less-than-nothing contribution to the team.I usually only cry for the things I love. But yet, I found myself crying because of my inability to perform during one training, which led to me questioning my Captain about her decision in putting me in the team. As such, I'm also grateful to her, for believing in me (i still think she made the wrong choice XP) even though I did not believe in myself.

I've spent my two birthdays ever since Uni by playing dodgeball. But this year was different because I was a part of something bigger. Storm =)



#4 Gas Leak In Empire Shopping Gallery

This particular news came to a shock to everyone, especially the residents of Subang Jaya such as myself. This mall was considered one of the classiest mall in the area and is frequented by mostly the residents from Subang I suppose, because other, bigger malls like Sunway Pyramid still dominated Bandar Sunway. But like Subang Parade, this mall gave me a sense of comfort... Pyramid was way too commercialize. 

According to khabar angin, there was another reason behind the gas leak of the mall which speculated like wild fire. But there's no reason to share it now because the mall has now been restated to its former glory. Gawd I love Subang.

#5 Lotsa Heartbreak

Kay maybe not "lotsa" but there were quite a few. I've never really known what falling in love is like... It has always been more of a "like" and "attraction" sorta thing for me. I've had my fair share of being attracted to someone and vice versa (since they bother to layan me) but nothing really worked out. 

I don't know whether my breath is too bad or whether there's something noticable crawling around in my hair lol I kid. Point is, I always thought I was ready for someone/something new when the fact is I'm not because... I'm clearly not over that someone. And deep down inside, I know it's not fair for that someone "new" because I'm not being truthful to him so... I run. SO, I promise not to get into things too fast until I'm sure of what I want. Yes I'm making that a resolution.


#6 Celebrity Night ; A Night To Remember

Celebrity Night was the theme for DH35 Tutorial Group 4,5,6 F&B event. It was a fucking success laa. Tickets to the event were sold out in less than a week and our flyers and brochures weren't even out yet. Best part is, I felt like I've contributed more this time round compared to the previous event in Term3 when I was the Vice President. And it made me feel so good about myself.

Also, I've found inner peace and enlightenment along the way... But I shall leave that for #8.


#7 First Concert In My Life

Damn right, it's WestLife-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zomg and it's their last tour. Although Bob and I went alone, we both agreed that it was an amazing first concert spent together =) She came to pick me up and we had an epic journey to and fro, mostly at her laughing at how much of a failure I am with her GPS. But hey, those things aren't a 100% trusted lorr.

Then we bought matching happyfaced glow rings, mine pink hers yellow... And then we ended the night tapao'ing ramli burger. Thats love right there.



#8 Achieving Inner Peace

I have very... very bad temper. I don't know whether I've had it all this while, but it certainly came to its climax late last year and it came to stay till, around August I suppose. I've hurt a lot of people with my awful choice of words along the way and made some enemies. But the worst part was, my own friends were afraid of me (they still are but for a totally different reason). That's right, AFRAID. The day before our event (refer to #6), people started to notice a change in me, a better change. 

Throughout the preparation for the event, it was as if I was on fire because I was very demanding with everything, and sometimes I couldn't depend on other people to do the work so I had to do it myself. And what with the tight deadlines and major hiccups in between, I was really stressed out. That was the peal of my rage laa. But something in me "switched" the day before the event, I don't know what, but I aint questioning it because it was for the better.

It was a month after my "enlightenment" that only my friends confessed that they were afraid of me at that time because of my menopausal mood swings. The worst comment I heard was "I felt like I couldn't be myself around you". I was devastated and swore I wouldn't go back to my old self. I still have my occasional mood swings now and then, but nothing too extreme and right I definitely know how to control it.


#9 Diploma In Hospitality Management

My results in the start weren't bad at first. I achieved like 17.80/20 and 17/20, the lowest being 16.50. But then in term5 I hit my own rock bottom, my results plunged to 14. Kaylaa I deserved it because honestly, I did not study at all and the feeling kindda sucked. So I promised myself that I would give it all I got this term and get my Diploma-!

Initially during the exam, in my mind I was thinking "ayuh I just wanna get through with this". Then after the the exam "pass can edi laa". So you can imagine how shock I was when I received a Very Honourable Pass mention TEEHEE.

Everyone has this misconception that Hospitality Management is the easiest subject. Well, they're wrong, but it's also not the hardest don't get me wrong. But what other course also involved super practical and hands on work? Kay find there are. But I wouldn't say this course is for everybody. Especially for those who find the sight of bloody chicken organs eery lol.

-Fin-

No comments:

Post a Comment