Monday 26 December 2011

Singapore Jour Une


Left the bus stop @One Utama at 8.30am with the mother, monster, aunt and cousin.


Only woke up when we reached a rest stop, which was about 2.5hrs later harhar. Did I mentioned I did not sleep the night before because I was too engrossed in Vampire Diaries season2? Well yeah I was. AND, I also suspected there was paranormal activity(s) going on in my room that night but ladidoo.


Total journey took about 5hours because senior bus driver sped like mad on the highway. Picture of mutated giraffe/elephant, or what I call "giraffelphant" inside Resort World Sentosa.


All 5 of us crammed in a Deluxe room in Hard Rock Hotel. So purple, so much love :3


Vanity counter


Shower and toilet.


Entrance to the room


Minibar. Random fact that I've noticed during stays in hotel's is that yeah sure, the receptionists asks whether we've had any last minute consumption from the minibar... And when we answer no, they'll just reply with "very well then", like without sending a runner to check whether the minibar is still fully stocked. Just like magic XP


 Wardrobe


Coffee and tea facilities


Entrance to Resort World from the bus terminals and underground carpark.


The mother, monster, aunt and I took a cab to Takashimaya, Orchard Road whereas the cousin left for a job interview. Had lunch @Fisherious which served rather "meh" tasting beer battered fish&chips.


The whole of Orchard Road was very beautifully decorated.


Monster and I wandered out of the mall and walked down till 313Somerset because it's one of the few malls along the road which had Charles&Keith heh. But we couldn't find anything worth our while. Bought a sheer black top from H&M. The store was about to close and they didn't allow anyone into the fitting room. So I took my top off at a corner to try the sheer top which I bought eventually harhar call me desperado. But in my defense, I was already wearing a spaghetti top underneath my... Other white top lol.


Still very fascinated by the very cute escalators @313.





There were a whole lotta elephants on the street and in the malls along Orchard Road. And these were all painted by local/foreign artists partnered with Unicef in conjunction with "Save The Elephants" campaign. There was one which was painted as an angry bird which i despised -.-


With the mother. She threw a slight fit when we were in Takashimaya, and the whole time when we were having lunch, which was the main reason the monster and I decided to leave the mall because we could not stand her, even being in the same building as her lol.


But then she came to her senses and bought us all macarons harhar. Funny mother. I swear, sometimes I feel that I have to be the parent because... In my opinion, she's just too kiddish to be a parent. Sure, she has her motherly side most often then not. But she can be really immature at times (most of the time). Guess that's why my family loves her. Hey it's the law of attraction, big people are generally attracted to, smaller humans lol.


Having fun with hats, beanies and bowler hats in Marks & Spencer.


THESE SHOES I TELL YOU-! Well, wait they aren't exactly shoes, but they aren't boots either so... They sorta look like UGG boots but not high enough to be called boots. Anyhoos, they're even more comfortable than sneakers and sport shoes AND, they fur around the collar makes them soooooo stylish <3

 Monster and I had thought about buying them but the mother disagreed because it would be impossible to wear them in Malaysian weather. Boo. But I did get a pair of purple pumps in the end heh.



Dinner @Shaw Cineplex Cafe. Harhar we were all too tired to walk over to Lucky Plaza's food court and everywhere else was full.


Monster and I shared baked Mac&Cheese with mushroom sauce. Looks darn good right.


Taken after flipping and mixing everything. You know how you get really sucky cinema food's in Malaysia? *coughs* Glitter Cafe *coughs*, well this place serves awesome food, for not only cinema standard but in general laa. And it has a magnificent view of Orchard Road.


The mother, monster and I outside of Tangs.





Took the MRT then bus back to the hotel. Managed to slip in 40min to go to the gym at 12am lol semangat. And thus, ending our 1st day back in S'pore.

You gotta love Singapore's public transport system. Everything's so organized and even the escalators in the station runs at the speed of lightning (compared to Msia). All in all, Singapore would be an awesome place to live in, but, Malaysia's still home... And there's no place like home :3

Next up, Universal Studios Singapore-!!

No comments:

Post a Comment