Monday 26 November 2012

Fat Monster



We initially planned on going to Burger Lab, but we found out that it was closed on Mondays-! Dang it. So we settled for the next burger bin to conquer on our list... FAT BOYS-! Thank goodness it was a Monday, otherwise I wouldn't even dream of going there on a weekend. The last time Ellen and I tried going there on a Saturday evening, it was so bloody packed and it didn't seem like anyone was going to finish anytime soon. 

The servers were so desperate to give us a table that they asked us whether we'd like to sit with 3 really buff guys. I honestly thought Ellen would go for it but she surprisingly turned it down ahahaha so we went somewhere else instead.


The first thing we did when we got a table, which was stupendously easy because the whole place was empty *shockers*, was grabbed the menu and started scanning all around in search for our perfect burger. There's 2 sides of the menu, one where all the speciality burgers are displayed, and the other side where you can custom make your own burgers. The type of meat, toppings, sauces and buns... All your choice-!


And the beverage menu. Nothing too fancyful, which should be the way to a burger joint. There's no use for cleverly mixed mocktails and what not. But I was a bit disappointed to see that they didn't serve milkshakes :/ What's a good burger without a strawberry milkshake?! What a waste to my cheat day. In the end, all four of us ordered a root bear each lol.


After ordering, we finally had time to admire the place. Doesn't really give out the very cosy vibe, and I think it would be rather uncomfortable dining in during peak house because I'd imagine the place to be quite cram. If you're there for the burgers and burgers ONLY, then it's a pretty nice place. But I don't recommend it if you'd wanna chill and chat for long after your meal.


And here's the "Build your own burger menu" on the wall-! Only 4 simple steps to the burger of your dreams. Personally, I'd rather order whatever is ready on the menu. Give me too much variety to put in my burger and I'll be too spoilt for choice.

Burgers came about 15min after we've ordered. We've been looking forward to this day ever since last week... Only thing was that we had Burger Lab in mind. Owh wells, we're not complaining-! Can't really comment much on the presentation because, it is basically one piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato with a bed of fries -.-"


JWen's "Fat Basterd". Two chunky beef patties with cheese, fried egg and bacon in a sesame bun.


Gavin's "Jamaican" burger. Forgotten what was the filling heh.


WeiMae's "Bello Burger". Portobello mushroom with cheese and grilled capsicum in a wheat bun.


And my "Whimpy" burger. It's basically a smaller version of "Fat Basterd", with an additional slice of grilled pineapple Mmmmmm...


Gavin here is very excited about digging into his burger. We starved ourselves on purpose during lunch to ensure that there's enough room for burgers. By then it was 3pm so you can imagine how hungry we were.


 JWen and I with our burger while WeiMae was at the washroom. I need to get my hair fixed pronto.



No comments:

Post a Comment