Wednesday 25 December 2013

Botanical and EcoleP

BOTANICAL @ BANGSAR VILLAGE II



The ladies had long planned to have a wannabe tai tai (cantonese for jobless women with filthy rich husbands and goes around various parts of the house to goyang kaki) high tea session and we choose Botanical (Previously known as teafortwo) at Bangsar Village II for the graduating occasion... Graduating because that's what we'll be in a few months, fresh unemployed grads. 


Another reason we choose Botanical was because of its seemingly affordable high tea set price at RM60++ which includes a tea and coffee of your choice. The eight of us opted for two high tea sets because most of us had already had our lunch and we were to proceed to Publika for Ariel's 22nd Birthday dinner. Unfortunately didn't take any pictures because the place was really too dimly lit. 


My Milky Rich Hot Chocolate that came with marshmallows. The consistency of this drink is really uncanny as we ordered a total of 3 glasses of hot chocolate. Mine came with marshmallows, Michelle's came with chocolate shavings and Andrea's came with both! For me, hot chocolate has to either be ice cold or if you label that its going to be hot, it had better be piping hot but it was not :/ Serious let down there.


Our high tea set that came with caramelized onion puff pastry, mushroom bruschetta, eggs on danish, egg and cheese sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, macaroons, jam filled doughnuts and a heavily scented rosemary cookie. 


Andrea and I <3 Lighting at Botanical was extremely perfect for taking pictures. After close to 3 hours of sitting down, the chairs felt a bit uncomfortable. 


Chocolate Strawberry Fudge cake. Didnt't really fancy the dark chocolate taste for this. And also because... 


 I had my favourite Apple Crumble Tart-! Mmmmmm so much sweet and sour goodness stuffed into a shortcrust. Apple crumble and any sort of cheesecake is my absolute favourite, except strawberry or orange cheesecake urgh the world would be a better place without them.


Ellen, Andrea and I still had space after that entire set and ordered this mushroom pine pie and sesame salad and fries. A decision we regretted immediately after a few bites because we were so full after them.


Mandatory group shot with the ladies minus Bob who's in the UK. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know all these girls and having spend time with them throughout the entire duration of my University life. A few I've bonded in the first year, and some others that I've only bonded with in my third year. But nevertheless, I have never felt so comfortable being around a group of girls that accepts me for me, despite quirks and all. I love you guys-! Annual ji mui session is a must alright :')




ECOLE P @ DAMANSARA UPTOWN



Spent Christmas Eve with the rest of the Choo's at one of the newest hangout spots in Damansara Uptown, Ecole P-! Ecole stands for "school" in French and P is for primary. So... Primary school-!


My family and I (especially my parents) absolutely love the interior design of the place. Ecole P truly lives up to its name and whoever steps in will immediately be transported back to their childhood/primary school days... Provided you went to a government school and belong in the baby boomers generation or generation Y. 


Ecole P's twist on a Christmas Tree. It really stands out from the already cosy yet dimly lit environment there.


Various primary school badges used as a part of the cosy cafe's decor with a photo/polaroid booth located not far from the entrance for guests to be a part of the cafe's decor or it can be taken home as a memorabilia. 


Mr Choo ordered the Lemongrass assam tea to share with Mrs Choo. Was extremely refreshing, especially since it was already raining that evening. 


Citrus salad as appetizer to share. Mr and Mrs both really loved the salad and said this was the star of the night.


Sweet potato chips to munch on because Small Choo wanted fries. So Steven (owner) recommended that we ordered this instead. 


I had the mushroom soup without cream accompanied with garlic bread. Cutest thing that the soups are served in those take-away tin cans that we used to use when we were younger. The last time I remembered using this was when my mum packed lunch for me back in primary school because I had to stay back for sadistic after school tuition every single day. Urgh the most dreadful time of my life was spent in that Chinese School. 


Small Choo's spaghetti bolognaise. As usual, she left all the meat (chicken) for us aside because she's a picky eater like that. Mrs Choo and I found the chicken to be a bit salty whereas Mr Choo thought it was rather sour. Hmm what contrast in food taste.


Mrs Choo's chicken chop accompanied with awesome mash and appleslaw. I especially love how the crumbs of the fried chicken are breaded with crushed gold fish biscuits. It gives the chicken that needed extra CRUNCH.


Mr Choo's fried rice and fried chicken. This came the last and it was superbly hard for him to finish although it tasted just as good as... well, everything else on the table-!


Merajuking because Small Choo's did not want to take a photo with me. Grumbles.

Sia Xinyi, Ilrene Tee & Steven

Last but not least, the most important reason why I love this place because it belongs to two dearest friends of mine, Ilrene and Steven, who were previously my supervisor during my 3 month internship at Temptations and the latter being my trainer throughout the competition. I know the time and energy they have invested on this quaint little place and trust me, from my eyes, opening your own business is no easy task. But I'm sure it will be rewarding as hell when everything comes into place.

Thank you to the 3 of you for such a memorable year. I never knew that I would make such good friends within such a short period of time and yet make the biggest impact on my future career as well. I wish all of you the very best for Ecole P, pfft not like you need it because I know you guys will do great :')

No comments:

Post a Comment